Thursday 2 April 2020

Current thoughts...



13 days staying in…

What strange times… Not really sure how to start this one off, who would have thought 2020 the start of a new decade would start the way it did. We are experiencing a global event that is changing lives as we speak. Major cities across the world are asleep, we leave our homes to gather essentials, medicine, walk our dog. Nothing else. The hustle and bustle of our towns, our cities are dead. No retailers are trading. I work for essentially the biggest fashion retailer in its sector. We had no choice but to shut. Staying in has become the new norm.

I enjoy my own company, I’m an introvert at best so the whole staying in when I don’t feel like going out isn’t exactly new to me. The uncertainty of not knowing when ill be back in my job that I love or when I’ll get to see my friends again however is not sitting well with me. Its the one thing I don’t have control over. This could go on for months, no-one really knows how or when this will end. Now I could sit here and list the things I miss but I’m not going to do that. 

This time is a chance, an opportunity for me to get creative, I already do this somewhat on the daily anyway. Its who I am. Home photoshoots, tidy, organise, draw, read some books. Its the one thing keeping me going. Its giving us all a chance to reset and recharge and remember what is important. Spend time with our families, bake, watch, binge do all the things we ‘didn’t have time for’ or because we had other plans. You will see your friends again, for now FaceTime them, message them there only a phonecall away. The photos in this post I toke in my bedroom, just me, a white sheet and a camera. Self timer is a wonderful thing. I hope to create more content like this.


I sit on the edge of my bed typing this still in my pyjamas because this fit and loungewear has basically become my new uniform. Online retailers still in business with sales rising for the latest joggers and loungewear. Supermarket shelves empty from toilet paper and anti-bacterial products because the nation went into panic. Who would have thought a virus that started in china would even reach as far as the UK. Countries are in lockdown the death tolls are rising and yet the young don’t seem to understand why they can’t go to school and think its one big holiday and want to see their friends and hang out in their local parks. 

Stay at home. I’m sure your all sick of hearing it. No-one is immune from this virus you only have to look at the news to know this. Stay inside for the sake of your families, wash your hands and be grateful for what is around you. This will end. So for now go do something that makes you happy, make a cup of coffee, read that book that’s been on the shelf for months, clearout your room, order those shoes if it makes you happy. Take a walk to get some fresh air, whatever it is you have to do to keep going.


Stay positive and stay healthy my loves.


Love Tash x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig