Wednesday 16 January 2019

A New Year!



So I did have a pretty good draft of this post done already until my MacBook decided to give up on life and had to completely wipe my hard drive, not of to a great start are we 2019, lets try again shall we!  Its 2019! A new year, a new chapter a new 365 pages to fill. I’ve never been one to make New Years resolutions and I’m not about to start either because I’d probably have a hard time keeping them if I’m honest but something I like to do is definitely reflect on the year gone and think about my experiences and what I’ve learnt from them.  So here’s just a few things that 2018 has taught me and a few things that have happened along the way.

I got a tattoo that was pretty groundbreaking. I’ve had the idea for quite a few years and it just got to the point where the opportunity seemed right so I found an artist, I paid the deposit and I got it done. Simples! This leads me onto going back to Brighton one of my favourite places to see my absolute favourite band, it just made sense to get it done while I was there. It was the perfect trip, the perfect first tattoo and I’m so bloody glad I got it done (finally) after all this time!  I remember the thought just came to me and I didn’t even hesitate I immediately sourced an artist and just went for it I wasn’t even nervous I was more excited if anything. This is what I want to be more like this year, to say yes to more things without overthinking/worrying and wondering, what if...!



Speaking of trips, 2018 saw me take more sponteaous ones! I discovered new places and returned to old ones. I went to Manchester for the first time just a month in advance and just thought why not! I saw a perfect opportunity to do so I just thought lets go! I want to be more like this and maybe get another tattoo who knows! Sorry mum. It’s so easy to showcase our highlights like pretty much every person did on instagram stories (myself included) but we mustn’t forget to acknowledge or remember the bad days or the moments where we just felt a bit lost. 

That favourite band of mine I went to see at the start of the year after a really successful tour at the end of the year announced their breaking up! Some relationships with people in my life grew stronger and closer and some fell apart. People can just as easily walk into your life as they can leave it. Thats just a few things that comes to mind and I’m not here to dwell on them but I think its important to realise that no matter how perfect someones life may seem through instagram and across other socials you never really know what is going on behind the scenes. 






I didn’t have a bad year by any means it was filled with many great moments. I turned 23, I did more things that made me happy and to me that’s the most important thing.  I’m still trying to figure out what it is I want to do in terms of my job/career path, it seemed a times I spend the majority of the year thinking and wandering what next? One thing I need to try really hard to do is not be afraid to leave my comfort zone. Its so easy to just stay where we are, but I’m always looking/searching for something more. Change is never a bad thing. 

I had someone recently tell me that “looking back at previous years, surely those times you did veer out of your comfort zone were the best decisions of your life? Correct?”

And that ladies and gents is where I will leave this one! I hope 2019 brings you nothing but light and happiness in your life and if you have set yourself goals/resolutions make sure their realistic and achievable for you! And don’t worry about what anyone else is doing. Its okay to feel lost in a sea of what seems at times a thousand roles and responsibilities, what’s important is as long as your being yourself that’s all that matters. 

Keep blooming, keep doing you,  you’ll get there! hope its not as long as the last before the next one keeps those eyes peels for more content coming soon.

Love Tash x

Bomber / (old) urban outfitters
Top / Zara
Trousers / topshop
Sneakers / Nike M2K teknos




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig