Wednesday 30 January 2019

Changing the way people dress, one sneaker at a time!


First things first, a special shout out to @thomashamill12 for these photographs. I got the opportunity to shoot with someone other than my sister haha! It was cool to have a fellow creative play around with angles and composition that I wouldn’t normally be shot in. Having someone behind the camera with a different perspective and creative touch on something their passionate about definitely shows in these photos and I’m super happy with the outcome.

Now lets talk about trainers! I love styling trainers into my everyday outfits, lately it seems there all I wear on my feet. I’m spending more time looking at shoes than clothes at this point. 2018 was the year of the chunky trainer! I became instantly hooked and as time goes on the trend doesn’t seem to be slowing down. It’s definitely had a big influence on me and the trainers I’ve bought since they started making an appearance on the highstreet.  The range of brands and styles that can be purchased now is nothing like it was 2-3 years ago. There are new releases every week with an increase in popularity for rare trainers that instantly sell out at retail, you don’t need to be a ‘sneakerhead’ to know what a pair of yeezys are! 



There is definitely a newfound acceptance of wearing trainers, track bottoms, hoodies virtually anywhere. And let me tell you I’m here for it.  You only have to look at the Spring/summer 19 collections on the catwalks to see the huge influence sportswear is having. I’m a massive fan of Virgil Ablohs Off-white brand. His collection in September was named “track and field” it did exactly what it said on the tin. It showcased sportswear worn as daywear. Combining streetwear with sportswear is something I find myself doing daily. Its that juxtaposition of something sporty with something casual and smart that I love, throw on an adidas t-shirt with a big fluffy coat and a pair of smart trousers and I’m sorted.


You only have to look at my instagram feed to see the influence brands like off white and Balenciaga have had on people, the triple s trainer with that chunky sole (you know the one) I can’t scroll down my instagram feed without seeing at least one blogger with them on their feet. The hefty £600 price tag doesn’t seem to faze anyone as they continue to be purchased time and time again. Abloh along with other designers have the power to change the way people dress and ‘athleisure’ has been one of key element to his success. 



Photography by: @thomashamill12

I’ve styled a new pair of sneakers I picked up recently which I must say haven’t been taken off since. The triple black adidas sneaker also come in a white colorway which I won't be surprised if I end picking up coming into the summer! I can’t wait to see whats in store for the trainer market and for upcoming collections in my favourite retailers. It seems like streetwear has no sign of disappearing anytime soon! 

Hope you enjoyed this little read!

Love Tash x 

Sneakers / Adidas Yung 1 / triple black
Bomber / (old) Zara
Jeans & bum-bag / Stradivarius 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig